Friday, February 12, 2010

Ode to the Miscellaneous things on my dresser

To Silly Putty, the wondrous egg of childhood fun. I take it out and squish and squeeze. Then am reminded that air bubbles only pop so many ways and I put it back.
To Chinese Chess, Set, and other multiplayer games, sometimes I wish I were Zaphod Beeblebrox, or some other being with two heads, so I could play myself.
To my small collection of bobbleheads, sitting there perfectly still. You'd think I would put them on the floor. Or somewhere else where they could collect natural vibrations from around the house activities.
To the Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit box set, whoever put it into production quite miscalculated the space required. Cause now that the books have been taken out and read, the wear has rendered them wider than they were before, and The Two Towers must now be put in backwards for them all to fit. And it's still a tight squeeze.
To several decks of cards. I take you out hoping for some great mind boggling idea for a magic trick...and end up playing a mind numbing game of solitaire.
To my mug full of pens and pencils. I hate using pencils and all the pens are dead. Yet I still have my mug full of pens and pencils.
To the book Great Lies to Tell Small Kids, if you ever get the chance, you should read it.
To the thing with three pegs and a stack of rings that progressively get bigger on one of the pegs, perhaps it will provide about 10 seconds of puzzle solving until I remember how I did it last time.
To mom's tape and scissors, looks like I forgot to give those back. I guess I should go do that now.

No comments:

Post a Comment